Helen C. Dillon - Portland Oregon Family Law Lawyer

Helen C. Dillon, Attorney at Law
3005 S.E. Carlton
Portland, OR 97202-8651
Phone: (503) 548-2532
Toll Free: (877) 213-7749
Fax: (503) 771-7024
Map and Directions

Custody, Parenting Time & Support

Knowledgeable and Understanding Guidance Through Child Related Disputes

During a divorce, dissolution of a registered domestic partnership, or any other type of situation involving children, the task of deciding the parenting arrangements for your children can become a complicated and emotional issue. Working to create a stable and emotionally healthy living environment for your children should be your main priority, one made easier to address with the assistance of a caring and experienced lawyer.

For nearly 30 years, I, Helen C. Dillon, Attorney at Law, have provided insightful and caring guidance to clients in the Portland Metropolitan area who are embroiled in complicated child custody and parenting time disputes. My experience as a lawyer, and as a divorced mother of four, have offered me a compassionate and proven approach to handling even the most emotional and highly contested child custody disagreements.

Contact my office online or call (503) 548-2532 or toll free (877) 213-7749 to set up an appointment to discuss your child custody, parenting time and support concerns.

Ensuring the Safety and Security of Your Children

As an attorney with almost thirty years of experience, I am knowledgeable in the issues faced in unique combinations by families. I am able to provide compassionate and understanding representation to individuals facing divorce, dissolution of a cohabitation agreement or domestic partnership, and non-marital couples with questions over paternity.

It is best for the children if their parents are able to work together to develop a cooperative method for child-related issues. If the parties' relationship will allow it, I will work  to encourage this cooperation for the best possible outcome for the children. My work allows me to address the complex child-related issues involved in the end of a relationship, including:

  • Custody: Oregon statutes state that joint custody can be ordered by a court only if both parties agree to it. Custody is based on the best interests of the child and determined based upon factors relating to household, lifestyle, employment, and the history of the care of the children. My experience also allows me to guide my clients through child custody modification proceedings if an arrangement proves non-functional or if major changes occur in either party's life.
  • Parenting Time: Non-custodial parents are entitled to significant and enforceable parenting time (visitation rights), giving them the ability to participate substantially in their children's lives. I work diligently to secure an acceptable parenting time arrangement for my clients and have experience with abusive situations and supervised visitation issues. It is important to recognize that, in most cases, there will be a long-term relationship between the parties as they parent their children, and, to the extent possible, parenting plans should fit each family as it changes its form and be as cooperative between the parents as possible.
  • Child Support: Based on statutory guidelines and a formula, child support is determined by the income of the parties, cost of health insurance and health-related expenses of the children, daycare costs, whether a party has other children, and the number of overnights each party has with the child. I am able to walk my clients through the "discovery" process to determine support, while also providing child support enforcement representation when the situation warrants it.

Contact my office to set up an appointment to discuss your family's unique needs.


I, Helen C. Dillon, Attorney at Law, am pleased to offer compassionate and assertive legal representation to clients in Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Gresham, West Linn, Wilsonville, Tualatin, Woodburn, Lake Oswego, Clackamas, Hillsboro, St. Helens, Clatskanie, Happy Valley, Milwaukie and Gladstone as well as to residents of Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County and Columbia County.